Beautiful pair of Chinese silver gilt filigree covered jars with polychrome enamel. Intricate decoration of finely worked silver, with lids topped with an egg-shaped finial. Body of jars and lids contain enameling depicting flowering trees / plants, butterflies / moths and clouds. Each jar with lid measures approx. 4 1/4″ tall (11cm) x 2 1/4″ across (6cm) and weighs approx. Jars are unmarked but believed to date to 1900s or possibly earlier based on similar pieces. Each jar has its own carved wood stand. Silver has patina and gilt wear, no breaks or cracks, some variation in tarnish/brightness across pair, s. Old as shown, see photos. Wonderful set for display In your home and enhance your collection. The item “CHINESE SILVER GILT FILIGREE ENAMEL COVERED JAR MATCHING PAIR WOOD STANDS” is in sale since Sunday, July 28, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Cultures & Ethnicities\Asian\1900-Now\Chinese\Vases & Jars”. The seller is “hockandsocdad” and is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Additional Information: Includes Wood Bases for Display
- Country/Region of Manufacture: China
- Provenance: Ownership History Not Available
- Type: Chinese Silver Filigree and Enamel Jars
- Materials: Silver, Enamel, Gilt, Wood
- Subtype: Pair of Small Silver Filigree Enamel Jars